Chat and Make (all ages) - Have your Say
We are working on some big things, and we want you to be involved from the very start.
We invite you and your little ones to join us in this relaxed group and shape the future of our family offer by simply having a CHAT with us and enjoying a space to play too.
Designed for age 5+, but all are welcome
Tickets include free admission to the museum for those attending the workshop so there are no hidden costs for you on the day.
We are working on some big things, and we want you to be involved from the very start. We invite you and your family to join us in this relaxed workshop* and shape the future of our family offer by simply having a CHAT with us while spending time playing and making (and learning) with your family.
Make sure to check the listed workshops below and book as soon as possible as ticket numbers are limited.
Saturday 12 February 2022 | Reflecting on representation - For International Day of Women and Girls in Science we will playfully explore how women and girls of all backgrounds are represented in the sciences, engineering, and the museum. Brilliant women have had a huge impact on innovation in science and engineering. Celebrating the accomplishments of these in this workshop, we will get exploring, making and innovating coding.
Saturday 12 March 2022 | Engineering for British Science Week - While we can see a lot of the results of engineering in the museum and sense the impact science has had on development of transport, we get muddled up, even uncertain, when trying to chat about engineering and science. Join us when we explore the British Science Week’s theme Growth with lots of loose parts and a special engineering kit (Infento). Play and naturally discover the link between science, engineering and creativity.
Saturday 14 May 2022 | Trains Galore for National Train Day – Our friends from Community Rail Partnership who are all about trains, train stations and train-journeys are joining us for this workshop. Enjoy a celebration of this type of transport in our museum of Coventry Transport History.
Saturday 11 June 2022 | Playful alternatives for World Environmental Day – We are playing about with alternatives for paints by having a go at making our own paints from all natural ingredients and learning about the development of paints and their uses in general and for transport.
*We don’t like to bribe... but there will be treats in it for you when taking part in any of the workshops.
Covid-19 Safety Measures
We want you to feel safe and assured that attending our sessions will enable you to have a fun and engaging experience with your children. Here is what we are doing to ensure this for you:
- Sessions are bookable in advance only. This way we can guarantee we are within our capacity for the space whilst delivering to a reduced number of visitors to our play sessions to allow for more space in the area we play in.
- This measure will remain in place as we stay cautious of Covid infection rates. We will continuously review how the sessions are accessed following on from feedback and consultation with families in the city.
- We monitor the play space continuously for overcrowding. Visitors are highly encouraged to book in advance to avoid disappointment on the day as we are not able to permit entering the session when the sessions have reached full player capacity.
- Hand sanitation stations will be available upon entering and exiting from the activities.
- Hand sanitiser available throughout the session.
- A member of Learning Team will be facilitating the session, monitoring the safety of the environment, but above all else they will be smiling, happy and relaxed to keep your children happy and relaxed too.
- All resources and high touch points to be thoroughly cleaned at the end of each session.
- If you have any concerns or questions prior to booking/attending this session please contact email@example.com (Family Learning Officer).
← Other events