Make And Play Engineers - Material Matters And Outrageous Oobleck Too
Materials matter when inventing.
Ages 4 – 7, but all are welcome
Location: Learning Pods and Future Technology
Discover characteristics of different materials in fun and experimental ways. Then, make your own outrageous oobleck, and take it home to keep playing.
What children will need to bring:
- One very supportive grown-up to be them throughout their engineering adventure. We know from experience that all mums, dads, uncles, aunties, older siblings, grandparents, carers are perfectly qualified for this role as no previous engineering experience is needed.
What we offer:
- A safe and relaxed space.
- Engineering Skills! The use of real tools to take apart real things.
- Permission to destroy! We let you break things AND not be told off*.
- Fun! A game of 'Randomly pick a challenge card of things you can make’ in case you are stuck for inspiration.
- Expertise! Our Learning Team will encourage you throughout. They are experts in playful engineering and will happily offer support when needed.
*Please note we take no responsibility for the inspiration we evoke in your children to destroy and create their own inventions with your household gadgets.
← Other events