This Makes That With These - Whacky Wonders
Is your child curious? Imaginative? A problem solver? If you can say yes to any of these questions, then you know a super engineer in the making!
Ages 7+, but all are welcome
Location: Learning Pods
Have you ever wondered what’s inside a toaster, computer mouse, kitchen scales, or toys? This is an opportunity to embrace and discover your child’s engineering skills using a variety of everyday items.
While themes may change, sessions will always be hands-on, providing an opportunity take everyday things apart to understand how they work, before seeing how imaginative you can be when building your own invention.
In past workshops we have seen dinosaurs made from a computer monitor; boats from VHS-tapes; robots from computer keyboards and cars made from calculators. We can’t wait to see even more Whacky Wonders leaving our workshops.
So, what Whacky Wonder will you end up making?
What children will need to bring:
- One very supportive grown-up to be them throughout their engineering adventure. We know from experience that all mums, dads, uncles, aunties, older siblings, grandparents, carers are perfectly qualified for this role as no previous engineering experience is needed.
What we offer:
- A safe and relaxed space.
- Engineering Skills! The use of real tools to take apart real things.
- Permission to destroy! We let you break things AND not be told off*.
- Fun! A game of 'Randomly pick a challenge card of things you can make’ in case you are stuck for inspiration.
- Expertise! Our Learning Team will encourage you throughout. They are experts in playful engineering and will happily offer support when needed.
*Please note we take no responsibility for the inspiration we evoke in your children to destroy and create their own inventions with your household gadgets.
← Other events