This Makes That With These
Get hands-on and gain those all-important tool skills during our This Makes That With These workshops.
Where we purposefully brake stuff to solve our curious minds’ constant questions about how stuff works!
This workshop is perfect for you if you are after a real-life experience as you will be using actual tools and take apart actual everyday objects.
Designed for age 5+, but all are welcome
Admission to Coventry Transport Museum is included, when booking a family workshop so there are no hidden costs for you on the day.
Here is what you will need to bring:
- Exactly one very supportive grown-up to be with you throughout this workshop. We know from experience that all mums, dads, uncles, aunties, older siblings, grandparents, carers are perfectly qualified for this role as no previous engineering experience is needed (they are indeed very useful and really, really good at handing you tools)
Here is what we offer:
- A safe and relaxed space.
- Engineering Skills! You will use real tools to take apart real things. So, you will build up your engineering skills no matter what.
- Permission to destroy! We let you brake things AND you will not be told off*.
- Fun! We are prepared to throw a surprise maker challenge at you where you get to take your creation home if you want to.
- Expertise! Our amazing experts from the Learning Team will encourage you throughout. They are experts in playful engineering. That means they are curious, they persevere, are imaginative, love solving problems and teamwork. They will happily offer their expertise and support you when needed.
*Please note we take no responsibility for the inspiration we evoke in your children to destroy and create their own inventions with your household gadgets.
Covid-19 Safety Measures
We want you to feel safe and assured that attending our This Makes That With These sessions will enable you to have a fun and engaging experience with your children. Here is what we are doing to ensure this for you:
- Sessions are bookable in advance only. This way we can guarantee we are within our capacity for the space whilst delivering to a reduced number of visitors to our play sessions to allow for more space in the room.
- This measure will remain in place throughout Autumn and Winter as we stay cautious of Covid infection rates. We will continuously review how the sessions are accessed following on from feedback and consultation with families in the city.
- Visitors will not be permitted to enter the session if they have not booked in advance.
- Hand sanitation stations will be available upon entering and exiting from the activities.
- Hand sanitiser available throughout the session.
- A member of Learning Team will be facilitating the session, monitoring the safety of the environment, but above all else they will be smiling, happy and relaxed to keep your children happy and relaxed too.
- Test & Trace system QR code to be available as you enter the museum.
- All resources and high touch points to be thoroughly cleaned at the end of each session.
- If you have any concerns or questions prior to booking/attending this session please contact email@example.com (Family Learning Officer).
← Other events