Family Museum Engineers Play Sessions – STEM Play for families with children aged 2-7
Our Family Museum Engineers play sessions are designed to entertain the whole family!
By providing three things – space to play, a playfully chosen family challenge linked to transport, and hands-on STEM activities, nobody will even notice that learning is happening!
Looking for something to do that makes everyone in your group happy despite your different interests and abilities? Our Family Museum Engineers play sessions are designed to do just that by providing three things – space and time to play, a playfully chosen family challenge linked to transport and solved by your imagination, and a range of hands-on STEM* learning nobody will even notice is happening.
Admission to Coventry Transport Museum is included, when booking a family workshop so there are no hidden costs for you on the day.
*Not sure what STEM is? Don’t worry, you don’t really need to know what it is to enjoy and embrace these activities. That’s what are skilled and talented Learning Team are here for. STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths. This can sound a little scary, especially when you have young children, but STEM based play is important for children to develop skills and knowledge that they will use throughout their time at school and into their adulthood too. Exposure to any play that encourages children to figure things out, how things work and to be creative is STEM, and as you become more familiar with our sessions, you will quickly realise that STEM is all around us, all the time, and you will have been supporting your children with this already, perhaps without even realising it.
Covid-19 Safety Measures
We want you to feel safe and assured that attending our Family Museum Engineers Play sessions will enable you to have a fun and engaging experience with your children. Here is what we are doing to ensure this for you:
- Sessions are bookable in advance only. This way we can guarantee we are within our capacity for the space whilst delivering to a reduced number of visitors to our play sessions to allow for more space in the room.
- This measure will remain in place throughout Autumn and Winter as we stay cautious of Covid infection rates. We will continuously review how the sessions are accessed following on from feedback and consultation with families in the city.
- Visitors will not be permitted to enter the session if they have not booked in advance.
- Hand sanitation stations will be available upon entering and exiting from the activities.
- Hand sanitiser available throughout the session.
- A member of Learning Team will be facilitating the session, monitoring the safety of the environment, but above all else they will be smiling, happy and relaxed to keep your children happy and relaxed too.
- Test & Trace system QR code to be available as you enter the museum.
- All resources and high touch points to be thoroughly cleaned at the end of each session.
- If you have any concerns or questions prior to booking/attending this session please contact email@example.com (Family Learning Officer).
← Other events