Tinker | Make | Play - Light, Wind, Water
Sat 18 Feb - Sat 25 Feb, 10.30am - 12.30pm and 1.30 - 3.30pm
Show all dates and times
Join us for a playful exploration of alternative energy sources and discover the power of light, wind and water
Suitable for all. Entry to the rest of the museum is included in your ticket price. Under 3s go free.
Welcome to TINKER | MAKE | PLAY Engineers - a space where where wondrous discoveries are made and incredible inventions are created through play. This open environment invites families to explore in their own way, using real tools to construct, deconstruct and adapt everyday items and learn how things work. This February half-term, we're focusing on alternative energy sources, using a range of resources to design new solar-, wind- and water-powered vehicles.
Here is what you will need to bring:
At least one very supportive grown-up to be with you throughout this workshop. We know from experience that all mums, dads, uncles, aunties, older siblings, grandparents, carers are perfectly qualified for this role as no previous engineering experience is needed (they're especially useful for handing you tools!)
Here is what we offer:
- A safe and relaxed space.
- Engineering Skills! You will use real tools to take apart or make things. So, you will build up your engineering skills no matter what.
- Permission to destroy! So you can fully explore some things, we let you break them AND you will not be told off*.
- Fun! We are prepared to throw one or two surprise maker challenges at you just to keep you on your toes.
- Expertise! Our amazing experts from the Learning Team will encourage you throughout. They are experts in playful engineering. That means they are curious, imaginative, persevering and they love solving problems and teamwork. They will happily offer their expertise and support you when needed.
*Please note we take no responsibility for the inspiration we evoke in your children to destroy and create their own inventions with your household gadgets.
← Other events