Tinker | Make | Play - Wheels in Motion
Saturday 1 April – Saturday 15 April | 10:30 - 12:30 & 13:30 - 15:30
Show all dates and times
3 April 2023 10.30am – 12.30pm
3 April 2023 1.30pm – 3.30pm
6 April 2023 10.30am – 12.30pm
6 April 2023 1.30pm – 3.30pm
8 May 10.30am – 8 April 12.30pm 2023
8 April 2023 1.30pm – 3.30pm
11 April 2023 10.30am – 12.30pm
11 April 2023 1.30pm – 3.30pm
14 April 2023 10.30am – 12.30pm
14 April 2023 1.30pm – 3.30pm
15 April 2023 10.30am – 12.30pm
15 April 2023 1.30pm – 3.30pm
Roll up, roll up and explore the wonder of wheels in our family engineering sessions over the Easter holidays
Suitable for all
Welcome to TINKER | MAKE | PLAY Enginners - a space where where wondrous discoveries are made and incredible inventions are created through play. This open environment invites families to explore in their own way, using real tools to construct, deconstruct and adapt everyday items and learn how things work. This Easter, we're investigating the wonder of wheels, challenging you to develop your own inventions and get them moving.
Here is what you will need to bring:
- At least one very supportive grown-up to be with you throughout this workshop. We know from experience that all mums, dads, uncles, aunties, older siblings, grandparents, carers are perfectly qualified for this role as no previous engineering experience is needed (they're especially useful for handing you tools!)
Here is what we offer:
- A safe and relaxed space.
- Engineering Skills! You will use real tools to take apart or make things. So, you will build up your engineering skills no matter what.
- Permission to destroy! So you can fully explore some things, we let you break them AND you will not be told off*.
- Fun! We are prepared to throw one or two surprise maker challenges at you just to keep you on your toes.
- Expertise! Our amazing experts from the Learning Team will encourage you throughout. They are experts in playful engineering. That means they are curious, imaginative, persevering and they love solving problems and teamwork. They will happily offer their expertise and support you when needed.
*Please note we take no responsibility for the inspiration we evoke in your children to destroy and create their own inventions with your household gadgets.
← Other events