Mini Museum Engineers Play Sessions
Wednesdays (Coventry term-time only) | 10.30am - 12.00pm & 1.00pm - 2.30pm
Show all dates and times
Mini Museum Engineers play sessions give your little one's opportunities to explore open-ended play!
Using unique resources with a STEM* based approach that encourage early engineering skills, problem-solving, imagination and of course, fun.
The sessions are linked to themes and objects within our collections and take place directly in the gallery spaces, giving your children early experiences of museum environments through a very playful approach. Each week our mini engineers will get hands-on with play items that differ slightly each time, opening up varied experiences for them each time they visit.
Designed for age 2 - 5, but all are welcome
Admission to Coventry Transport Museum is included, when booking a family workshop so there are no hidden costs for you on the day.
*Not sure what STEM is? Don’t worry, you don’t really need to know what it is to enjoy and embrace these activities. That’s what are skilled and talented Learning Team are here for. STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths. This can sound a little scary, especially when you have children aged under 5, but STEM based play is important for children in their early years to develop skills and knowledge that they will use as they enter school and into their adulthood too. Exposure to any play that encourages children to figure things out, how things work and to be creative is STEM, and as you become more familiar with our sessions, you will quickly realise that STEM is all around us, all the time, and you will have been supporting your children with this already, perhaps without even realising it.
Covid-19 Safety Measures
We want you to feel safe and assured that attending our Mini Museum Engineers sessions will enable you to have a fun and engaging experience with your children. Here is what we are doing to ensure this for you:
- Sessions are bookable in advance only. This way we can guarantee we are within our capacity for the space whilst delivering to a reduced number of visitors to our play sessions to allow for more space in the room.
- This measure will remain in place throughout Autumn and Winter as we stay cautious of Covid infection rates. We will continuously review how the sessions are accessed following on from feedback and consultation with families in the city.
- Visitors will not be permitted to enter the session if they have not booked in advance.
- Hand sanitation stations will be available upon entering and exiting from the activities.
- Hand sanitiser available throughout the session.
- A member of Learning Team will be facilitating the session, monitoring the safety of the environment, but above all else they will be smiling, happy and relaxed to keep your children happy and relaxed too.
- Test & Trace system QR code to be available as you enter the museum.
- All resources and high touch points to be thoroughly cleaned at the end of each session.
- If you have any concerns or questions prior to booking/attending this session please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Family Learning Officer).
← Other events